Stolk Lab’s corrosion testing lab services all industries and allows us to determine whether the materials being used for your products are able to withstand environmental conditions like temperature, humidity and salt water. Corrosion testing should be a common practice in the product design process to prevent the loss of hundreds, thousands and, in many cases, millions of dollars due to lack of coating protection. Test results from corrosion testing can help with alloy selection for specific environmental conditions.
Corrosion prevention testing is vital in keeping the long-term replacement of parts/components costs down. Failure of a component within a product can also cause accidents involving consumers which can lead to liability cases.
Corrosion Testing Services
Stolk Lab’s offers a variety of ASTM corrosion testing services, performed by our team of experts, including the following:
Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Standard Test Method for Measurement of Thickness of Metallic Coatings by Measurement of Cross Section with a Scanning Electron Microscope – ASTM B748
Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy (EDS)
- Standard Guide for Quantitative Analysis by Energy-Dispersive Spectroscopy – ASTM E1508
Salt Fog Testing/Salt Spray Testing
- Standard Practice for Operating Salt Spray (Fog) Apparatus – ASTM B117
- Manufacture, Performance, and Testing of Metal Suspension Systems for Acoustical Tile and Lay-in Panel Ceilings – ASTM C635
- Copper-Accelerated Acetic Acid-Salt Spray (Fog) Testing (CASS Test) – ASTM B368
- Effects of Moisture and Temperature on Adhesive Bonds – ASTM D1151
- Resistance of Adhesives to Cyclic Laboratory Aging Conditions – ASTM D1183
- Rust Protection by Metal Preservatives in the Humidity Cabinet – ASTM D1748
- Response of Rigid Cellular Plastics to Thermal and Humid Aging – ASTM D2126
- Full-Scale Chamber Determination of Volatile Organic Emissions from Indoor Materials/Products – ASTM D6670
Ultraviolet (UV) Testing
- Fluorescent Ultraviolet (UV) Lamp Apparatus for Exposure of Nonmetallic Metals – ASTM G154
- Fluorescent Ultraviolet (UV) Lamp Apparatus Exposure of Plastics – ASTM D4329
- Fluorescent UV-Condensation Exposures of Paint and Related Coatings – ASTM D4587
SALT SPRAY TEST SPECIMENS ARE EVALUATED WITH THE FOLLOWING SPECIFICATIONS:
- Evaluation of Painted or Coated Specimens Subjected to Corrosive Environments – ASTM D1654
- Evaluating Degree of Rusting on Painted Steel Surfaces – ASTM D610
- Evaluating Degree of Blistering of Paints – ASTM D714
Our instrumentation can analyze metals, adhesives, plastics, tile, panels, glass, stone, timber, polymers and composites.
We are confident we can help you expand design boundaries, improve material performance, prevent environmentally-induced degradation, and so much more. Give us a call and let us help you today.
With our vast industry experience, Stolk Labs, Inc. offers our professional services for subrogation/claims investigations.
- Joint Investigations
- Joint Inspections
- Fire Investigations
- Insurance Investigations
- Product Liability Investigations
- Equipment Defect Investigations
Call and schedule your tour today!